Accountancy and Tax
Annual and Management Accounts
For many businesses, operating in a dynamic and competitive economy requires having financial and management information at regular intervals as a means of measuring financial performance but more significantly, to make the decisions that really matter for the business.
At AVS Consulting Ltd, we accomplish this objective by discussing your requirements with you and providing you with tailored information and constructive advice on a regular basis.
Key features of our service:
- Understanding your business and accordingly advising you on what accounting records to maintain
- Preparing annual accounts in accordance with the latest disclosure requirements prescribed by the Companies Acts
- Interpretation of your accounts using powerful analytical tools, which can then be used to help introduce controls that will help maximise profitability and growth
Central to our approach is recognition of the benefits the effective implementation of tax compliance processes and technology can bring, increasing efficiency, accuracy and tax management over compliance work. The systems employed by our firm, allow us to automate the majority of the data gathering and return compilation process.
At AVS Consulting Ltd, we see the tax return and related compliance processes and controls as a key element in every company’s relationship with HM Revenue & Customs. This is why we approach compliance as a dedicated service in its own right. Our approach looks at your whole business, not just the numbers - delivering a more wide ranging and robust means to help you address the statutory tax obligations.
Our assistance includes:
- Preparation, review and submission of corporate tax returns
- Advice on approach to corporate tax compliance process, controls, technology and risk management
- Assistance with post-submission issues, HMRC enquiries and dispute resolution
- Support in designing an approach to tax data analysis, extraction and compilation
Self assessment tax returns can be complex and time consuming to prepare when an individual is not familiar with the issues on a day to day basis. Calculation of tax liabilities can be a complex process and reassurance is often required that the amount of tax to be paid is correct.
In addition, with an increasing number of tax returns being enquired into by HM Revenue & Customs year on year, the level of disclosure is an increasingly important issue so as to avoid unnecessary enquiries from HM Revenue & Customs.
At Capital Tax Accountants Ltd, we deliver a high quality, efficient and price competitive service to many individuals and trusts.
Key features of our service:
- Preparation of self assessment tax returns
- Calculation of annual tax liabilities
- Advice on payment dates for individuals and trustees
- Advise on possible claims and elections arising from tax returns
With an increasing tougher stance being taken by the government on tax avoidance schemes, more emphasis is being put on taxpayers’ individual responsibilities. Since the Self-Assessment tax system was introduced back on 6th April 1996, the onus very much lies on taxpayers to ensure that their returns are prepared in accordance with the legislation and relevant case law.
At AVS Consulting Ltd, our unrivalled expertise will ensure that your tax affairs are managed thoroughly. Many of our existing clients benefit from our year round tax advice on:
- Income tax
- Capital gains tax
- Inheritance tax
- Residence and domiciliary tax issues
- Interaction of the various taxes to specific cases
Value added tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business - so complex that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT.
The ever widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, and the ever growing demands of Customs and Excise, calls for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations and more importantly do not pay the Exchequer more than you need to!
We provide an efficient, cost effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with Customs and Excise
- Negotiating on your behalf with Customs and Excise in disputed cases